- Basics: Dice & Rolling
- Basics: Spells & Mana
- Basics: Stats
- Combat: Introduction
- Combat: Defending
- Combat: Damage & Conditions
- Combat: Healing & Cleansing
- Combat: Initiative
- Training & Progression
Anatomy of a Target
Challenges are problems that need to be solved - locked items, traps, etc. They use difficulty level only to determine how difficult they are to overcome. They may also require certain stats, such as sway, or salve.
Enemies are the things you actually kill - the undead, spirits that need to be sent kicking and screaming to the grave, necromancers who mess with peoples’ minds - that sort of thing. Their total attributes are the following:
- Difficulty Level: Base success table + difficulty handicap
- Damage to Defeat: How many injuries it takes to dispatch them.
- Items: If the mob uses any items.
- Strengths/Weaknesses: If the mob has any additional modifiers, such as weakness against life magic.
The following is an example of a mob - with the caveat that players may not know all the conditions or items a mob has at the onset of the battle.
- Difficulty Level: +3
- Damage to Defeat: 1 moderate, 2 minor
- Items: +2 armor
- Strengths/Weaknesses: -1 against sway